Thursday, January 25, 2018

Lavender Redingote

I was lucky enough to join a whole flock of my amazing historical costumer friends for a Holiday Promenade around Colonial Williamsburg in December 2017. Naturally I needed to make a new outfit for the occasion! I used some lovely lavender wool that had been in the stash for quite some time to make a 1790s redingote. I also made a new hat and a very very last-minute white silk broadcloth waistcoat (that will be remade!). Our Holiday Promenade was documented by the insanely talented Gloria and Mike from In The Long Run Designs. All photos are theirs unless otherwise noted.

Carolyn and I matched perfectly in our pastel redingotes! This is one of the few photos taken on my very sub-par phone that day.





The whole group! Doesn't everyone look stunning?


Photo taken on my phone.

We got to ride in the carriage that's used when heads of state visit Williamsburg! Not to brag but Queen Elizabeth has sat in this same carriage before.

Photo taken on my phone.

Photo taken on my phone.




Carolyn very kindly let me steal borrow her black fur muff and walking stick to accessorize my look for the photos.











No comments:

Post a Comment