Monday, August 27, 2018

The Fêtes Galantes at Versailles

This past May I was lucky enough to attend the Fêtes Galantes at Versailles. It has always been a dream of mine to go and I still can't believe it actually happened! For the occassion I made a new robe a la francaise out of sumptuous pale green silk satin and trimmed with white silk organza and over 200 paper roses. I also made new grand pannier and a new Coiffure a la Belle Poule. The entire ensemble was hand sewn by me. I could gush endlessly about how magical the night was but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!


















































While at Versailles I was fortunate enough to be photographed by some truly incredible photographers. Check it out!

Photo by the wonderful Phillip Van Nostrand. Also featuring the amazing Lauren of Virtuous Courtesan and Melody of Miss Violet Vixen!

Photo by the wonderful Phillip Van Nostrand.

Photo by the wonderful Phillip Van Nostrand.

Photo by the wonderful Jerome Verdier.

Photo by the wonderful Jerome Verdier.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your recreation. I'm presenting a paper at a Cambridge University research workshop that touches on the use of artificial flowers in eighteenth-century dress, would you be happy to give me permission to include one of your images as an illustration? Feel free to email me at zara.kesterton@gmail.com if you'd like to know more information or discuss it further!

    ReplyDelete